6th Grade Disclosure Statement (2017-2018)
You may contact us during school hours by phone at (801)427-4627 or by e-mail. Please take the time to visit and/or subscribe to your child’s teacher’s blog.
Our daily schedule changes based on whether it’s an A day or a B day. The first bell rings 8:15 am each day and school starts at 8:20. In general, we’ll have Language Arts and Math in the morning; rotations of Social Studies, Science, and Language Arts after lunch; and math review in the afternoon. School gets out at 3:05 pm.
Classroom Rules and Consequences:
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
- Be Safe
- Verbal Warning
- Time-out/Loss of privileges
- Parent contacted/note sent home
- Referral to administration
Grades and Citizenship:
Students will be graded in each subject using a number of factors including, but not limited to, in class work, homework, projects, and assessments. Grades can be accessed online at https://highmark.usoe-dcs.org/Login.aspx. Here you will be able to see student grades, missing assignments, etc. PLEASE check your child’s grades/assignments on a regular basis. We upgrade information at least once weekly. Students will be given a citizenship grade based on behavior, participation, and work being handed in on time.
Homework: (in addition to the listed homework, students will need to finish work that wasn’t completed during class)
- Language Arts: Students will be assigned a book report each month starting September 1st. They will need to read a book in the assigned genre fitting the rubric (which will be sent home at a later date) and write a 1 page summary of the book. All of this work will be done at home. Students will have a weekly reading passage that they will need to complete and turn in each Friday. In addition, students may have various vocabulary, grammar, and writing assignments throughout the week.
- Math: Students will have daily math homework that will need to be done at home. They will be able to access the e-book and parent resources on the teachers’ blogs. They should only have about 5-10 problems each day.
- Social Studies and Science: Students may have some reading, journaling, and projects as assigned.
- Business: Students will be assigned one project where they need to design a “dream business.” They will be presenting this project to their class at their assigned times. The assigned times will be e-mailed to parents starting September.
Late Work Policy:
Please see the late-work policy posted on the blog.
Each student will receive a HighMark Planner. Please check and initial the planner daily to see what your student is doing. Homework will be “boxed” in the planner and the daily schedule will be written down.
Please see the school electronics policy posted online.
School Dress Code Policy:
Please see the school dress code policy online.