Sixth grade will be using CPM math this year. A nice feature is that every student has access to the e-book. Not only does the e-book allow you to pull up the text book online, but it also has several interactive tools that can be used at home and that we will use in the classroom. There are about a dozen students that have not done this yet! Please set up your e-book as soon as possible by following the instructions below:
Each student will need to create a username and password for their e-book for CPM. In order to do this, please do the following:
- Go to ebooks.cpm.org
- Click on “enroll”
- Enter the PIN “A8RTC”
- Have the username be your students’ first name and last name, all lowercase, together without a space (i.e. John Smith’s username would be johnsmith)
- Enter a valid e-mail address
- Have the password be “Highmark1″
Don’t forget to study your spelling/vocabulary words for the test tomorrow!! Remember, for each word you will need to be able to:
- Spell it
- Identify the part of speech (verb, noun, adjective, etc…..)
- Define it in your own words
- Use it in a sentence
The words can be found under the Language Arts tab on the homepage of my blog if you want to review them there.
It’s hard to believe that it’s already that time, but parent-teacher conferences are just a couple weeks away! HighMark is using SignUp.com to schedule our conferences. Follow the instructions and the link below to schedule your conference. Let me know if there are any problems and I can schedule an appointment for you. Please note that I may or may not be able to accommodate you at times other than your scheduled appointment. We need to stick with the schedule to ensure all student’s receive equal time. If you feel like you will require more than the allotted fifteen minutes, please let me know and we can schedule a separate appointment. I look forward to meeting with you all and discussing your student’s progress thus far.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
- Click this link (or copy and paste into your browser) to go to our invitation page on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/login/entry/235855754091
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on SignUp.com) 3. Sign up! Choose your spots – SignUp.com will send you an automated confirmation and reminders.