As part of our efforts to keep the front office paperless, we will not be printing out and sending home report cards each term. Instead, we strongly encourage parents to view their student’s report cards online through Aspire (SIS). Please follow the below instructions to view your student’s report card:
- Access Aspire (SIS) via www.hmcharterschool.org(on the homepage)
- Log in using your parent username and password. If you have not yet set-up your own SIS account (separate from your student’s account) please click on “Request a Username” and enter in your students SIS Number and Date of Birth to create an account.
- Once you are logged in, click on Student Summary. This will bring up each of your students.
- Select one student. Their Student Summary Report will generate.
- Choose the “Term” you would like to see the “Report Card” on along the top.
- At the bottom of that report is an “Unofficial Report Card” link. Click the link and the report card will generate giving you your students correct grade and citizenship. (There is a glitch in the system that is listing student grades multiple times and incorrect citizenship on the student summary page, so you must run the “Unofficial Report Card” for accurate information)
- This process will need to be repeated for each student.
Term 3 grades have been finalized by the teachers and are now ready to view. We appreciate your patience and cooperation with this process. If you need assistance, please call the office at 801-476-4627.
Our next parent-teacher conference will be held on Wednesday, March 7th and Thursday, March 8th. Each conference is scheduled for 10 minutes. If you would like to have a longer conference, you may sign up for two appointments back-to-back. Please let me know if you have any questions.
As with the previous conferences, we will be using SignUp.com to organize the appointments. Please click on the link below and then sign up for a time that will work for you.
Let me know if you have any problems with the system, or if you would like me to sign you up manually.
Effective immediately, homework will be due once a week on Monday rather than each day. The hope is that this will provide both students and families with the flexibility they need to find room for homework in our busy, full schedules. Make sure you keep on top of it though so procrastination doesn’t creep in!
“One Fizz, Two Fizz, Red Fizz, Blue Fizz….Come get your Kids Fizz!!”
This week during lunches the sixth grade will be selling “kid Fizz” flavored sodas as part of the Kids Expo. Thank you to the volunteers who have donated their time and resources to help make this a success! Feel free to stop by during lunch and try one for yourself! The kids have developed some creative drinks, including the Green Alpaca, the Pink Fluffy Unicorn, and the Professor Umbridge! Just $1 each!
This year I’m using Remind to send updates about important class information, specifically homework and student daily behavior updates. If you’re not already signed up, please take just a moment and register either by clicking this link https://www.remind.com/join/mrrogh and following the instructions, or by simply texting @mrrogh to 80110. The messages are routed through a third party application so you do not have to share your personal phone number to receive the notifications. You are however, able to send messages to me through text in addition to receiving them. Several parents have already been receiving the homework messages, but I hope to be sending them to all of you soon!
The sixth grade will be holding our annual Halloween party on Tuesday, October 31st from 1:00 to 3:00 pm. The plan currently is that the whole grade will participate in the party by rotating through different activities in each of the three classrooms. One classroom will be either an escape room, a murder mystery, or minute-to-win-it games. The second classroom would be some sort of scary story or Halloween movie, while the third classroom would be a Halloween craft and treats. We would love to have volunteers to help plan the activities, bring supplies or treats, or run an event in one of the classrooms. Please let us know if you’d be willing to help with the party in any way.
Thank you so much for all of your help and support!
Thank you for a great Parent-Teacher conference last week! I appreciate those of you that were able to come and enjoyed the opportunity to meet with you and discuss your student’s progress. I’m impressed with the parental involvement and the investment you all are making in your child’s education! Please feel free to call, email, or just stop in if there is anything that you have questions about.
First quarter ends on October 18th so encourage your sixth grader to finish the quarter strong by turning in all their work, studying for assessments, and being committed to doing their best work!
“Be humble. Be Hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.”
– Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
Sixth grade will be using CPM math this year. A nice feature is that every student has access to the e-book. Not only does the e-book allow you to pull up the text book online, but it also has several interactive tools that can be used at home and that we will use in the classroom. There are about a dozen students that have not done this yet! Please set up your e-book as soon as possible by following the instructions below:
Each student will need to create a username and password for their e-book for CPM. In order to do this, please do the following:
- Go to ebooks.cpm.org
- Click on “enroll”
- Enter the PIN “A8RTC”
- Have the username be your students’ first name and last name, all lowercase, together without a space (i.e. John Smith’s username would be johnsmith)
- Enter a valid e-mail address
- Have the password be “Highmark1″
Don’t forget to study your spelling/vocabulary words for the test tomorrow!! Remember, for each word you will need to be able to:
- Spell it
- Identify the part of speech (verb, noun, adjective, etc…..)
- Define it in your own words
- Use it in a sentence
The words can be found under the Language Arts tab on the homepage of my blog if you want to review them there.